4.27.2009

3 weeks!


Alright. I'm going to blame this giant blogabsense on my sister. And maybe the fact that I have become obsessed with facebook. I never wanted to. I've fought it successfully for many years...but now it's become one of the five tabs I automatically open in the morning and I just can't stop hitting reload. Anyway, that's where I've been posting some recent happenings but I'm gonna try to get back into this here thingy. SO. Here's a quick recap of some things pre/present/post today:

$$ Carly came to visit and it was awesome! We did so much sisterly hanging out our hands fused together and we had no choice but wear smittens. We went to the new musuem of science, saw the big wheel race, ate really yummy tofu balls, lounged at the park, went shopping, got our nails did, ate seven pounds of ice cream, visited some colleges, tried to dye her hair purple, snuggled up with disturbing movies and assaulted preston. yah for sisters!!

museum of science green roof



$$ Kerstin and I signed up to take the LEED exam! Even though it was effing 400 DOLLARS -- I think it'll be worth it to be super green certified and get to put a fancy title after our names in emails and talk about how to recycle your poop and knit used toilet paper into socks.

$$ I started working more at the other pet store in Potrero Hill which I think is way cuter and is more fun since it's packed all the time. The day goes fast and you barely remember that you cleaned piss off the floor six times. Though I'm still waiting for the hunky single dog owner to come in and need help adjusting a harness or be shown the proper way to wash his dog. wink.

$$ My roommate Sara is going to law school. BOO. Well fine, good for her yada yada but sheesh we were just starting to be BFF and now I'm losing her to the salty swanky New Orleans. At least it's a nice place to visit. BUT preceding that, she's going to be away for the next couple of months and will be subletting out her room to the CUTEST boy from Valencia. He came over to see the place last night and I was won over immediately. He's studying English downtown but "can't take the fire engines anymore even though they are saving people's lives and he should be thankful." He likes to ride his bike and can't wait to practice his English more! (and I'm hoping to get some useful spanish out him)

$$ So I will actually only be staying in this apartment till the end of May -- I'm going to be moving into my friend emily's place for june and july. It's a few hundred a month cheaper and only a 10 min bike ride to work AND it's with emily, duh, so I'm super excited. She's leaving for grad school in massachussets come august, and I'll be traveling with my fam when they come out thisaways so it works out superbly.

$$ And why, you ask, would I be moving into an apartment for only two months? What then? I'm going to travel the world, but of course! No, for realz, I am! Okay so it's not super definite yet -- BUT ALMOST. I've already gotten the yes from some farms in France that I could come and wwoof at and then hopefully after a month of that, I'll backpack around a bunch of western europe!! Not like I've already set aside my ninety-two pairs of undies or anything, but if all goes well I'm really gonna do it. And you should come visit!!

$$ I'm also wanting to apply to grad schools this winter for landscape architecture. so if you'd like to write my personal essay by all means please do and I'll bake you some potato chips.

$$ Preston made me this collage:


$$ Katie B. is coming out in a couple weeks to run Bay to Breakers again!! This year she's going to be a sexy sailor.

$$ I've been shaving!! I know, I can't believe it either but it's actually been super awesome to have smooth legs and armpit hair that doesn't stick out of your t-shirt. It's been over two-years since I've been hairless -- I have no idea why I've waited this long. Being a woman is so friggin cool. In fact, I've started wearing mascara and got some sexy underwear where the elastic wasteband doesn't peak through!

$$ I got my tattoo and it was another amazing three hours of tripping out on my endorphins. Rocio, you did it again.


$$ I've only been crying like every OTHER day. Progress! But hopefully soon my two new super duper femischnistic books with arrive and it'll be easier to be more confident in becoming a real live individual.

phew! enough for now. <3

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait! I can't wait! Do you think Preston will help me with collage-making?

    ReplyDelete